Thursday, August 3, 2017

GO WITH THE FLOW

Good Morning all!  It's the first Thursday in August.  As usual summer is flying by.  I never like to see it end so I am really trying to enjoy every single day no matter what it is I do.  Yesterday we had a plumber come to the house to fix our hot water.  Nothing that a credit card and an experienced plumber couldn't solve.  $1,200 later we have hot water. 

I am not expecting anything to go wrong today but one never knows!  Today's quote, "Even if you plan your day - the day may already have plans for you."  That is something we can all relate to, of that I am sure!  I really didn't have any plans for yesterday but I was forced to make some phone calls and wait around until my problem got taken care of. 

The wonderful thing about yesterday was that I got to reconnect with a friend I hadn't spent time with in a long time!  Although spending all that money on a broken thermostat wasn't high on my list of things to do, it was wonderful being with this person.  While my quote focused on the day, it is really a metaphor for your life.

We all know the lyrics written by John Lennon that say, "life is what happens when you are busy making other plans."  Very true.  You can plan from today, tomorrow, next week and after but you can't plan for all the things that happen in between.  Sometimes the only thing you can do is to go with the flow.  Be flexible and most importantly, don't freak out and expect disaster.  The unexpected can bring a wonderful surprise.  You just never know! 

If you have plans for today, I hope they go smoothly and if you don't, I hope something wonderful happens to you all today!  Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment