Thursday, April 7, 2022

CLOSE THE BOOK

Good morning everyone.  Happy Thursday.  These days you cannot go on Facebook, Instagram or the grocery store without running into an over sharer.   They're everywhere!  Better be careful when you ask someone about their day, you're liable to hear ALL ABOUT IT!    Why do we feel the need to reveal every bit of minutia of our lives?

Today's quote is, "Your life may be an open book but not everyone should read it."  I should add that not everyone wants to read it either!  Openness and vulnerability have been all the rage in the past few years but like everything else, we seem to be over doing it.

Do you really need to know the details of a family's stomach flu down to the color of their regurgitated dinner?   No, I thought not.  Do you really need to hear the sob story of a Life Coach and why they are now a Life Coach?  Honestly when I read some of these stories, (I know right?  Why am I reading them?  Its like a car crash that you can't keep your eyes from!!) these coaches would be the last on my list.

We all have stories.  Every one of us.  It doesn't mean we have to spill them out to the world.  Is it a good thing to be open and vulnerable?  Of course it is but some things should be left unsaid and kept to yourself.


Have a wonderful Thursday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co

To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment