Tuesday, July 5, 2022

TO FEEL OR NOT TO FEEL

Good morning everyone.  Happy Tuesday.  To feel or not to feel.  That is the question.  Either one is still a feeling.

Today's quote is, "Feeling nothing is still feeling something."  Without using the word "feeling," I would say this is an interesting sentence.  Many of my quotes come to me from personal experience and this is one of them.  Years and years went by where situations made me angry, sad, frustrated, (feel free to add an emotion!) you get the gist.  Then one day like magic, all those negative emotions stopped.  

I no longer felt sad, angry, frustrated, etc. nor did I feel happy, elated or ecstatic.  I felt zero.  Nothing.  Is that good?  Is it bad?  Feeling nothing as opposed to feeling something can be great.  Not that its great to have no emotion.  What is great is to have no response to negativity and that is why feeling nothing is not entirely bad. 

That nothing that you are feeling is helping you manage the world around you and not drag the past into the forefront of your everyday life.  If pain from the past arises on a daily basis, then freedom from that pain is both preferable and beneficial.

To feel or not to feel will always be entirely up to you.  Whichever one you choose will be right.

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone! ~Love, Amy


To learn more about me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co

To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment