Tuesday, March 24, 2020

THERE IS GOOD - OPEN YOUR EYES AND EMBRACE IT

Good morning everyone!  Happy Tuesday.  Have you ever driven into a blinding sunset when the sun was so bright your'e driving and squinting hoping not to hit the car in front of you?  Its a very dangerous time of day.  Accidents are both likely and frequent as you are literally blinded by the light.

Jealousy and envy have the same effect as a blinding sun where you cannot see anything in front of you yet you continue driving straight into that searing light.  Jealousy and envy cloud our vision so our focus is not on gratitude but what "they" have.  You know who "they" are right?  The ones who incessantly post about things.  Things being stuff because honestly that's all it is.  Stuff!  Yet so many of us want their stuff so badly we disregard what's real in our lives.

Today's quote is, "Jealousy and envy block your ability to see all that is good and wonderful in your own life."  Is this a new topic?  Hell no!  Is this an important topic?  Hell yes!  Sometimes I wonder if jealousy and envy would take center stage in our lives if it weren't for Facebook and all the fabulous vacations, houses, and well....stuff that's posted.

Who cares!  Seriously!  Who cares?  Why care so much about stuff.  Don't we all have our own?  Life is not just about stuff.  It is about the moments we have with the people we love.  It's about the trip to the mall with your daughter who has transitioned to friend.  It's about the conversations with your son who finally shares his secrets with you.  The unspoken words you share with your spouse, the one who knows you like a well read book.

You can always buy more stuff if you want to.  Another sweater, another pair of shoes, a fancier car and on and on but the real stuff - the good stuff is not stuff at all.  I don't know about you but I have all the clothes I could possibly cram into my closet but I always have room for conversation, laughter and love because that my friends is the real stuff of life.  The stuff that makes it all worthwhile!

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment