Tuesday, January 26, 2021

DEFINING MOMENTS ARE NUMEROUS

 Good morning everyone.  Happy Tuesday.  How's your memory?  I would say I'm like the average person who remembers events in my life that were fun, exciting, joyful but also painful and downright awful.  Hyperthymesia is when you can remember every single event in your life.  I don't have that and I don't think I would want it.   Who really cares what you ate for breakfast three Tuesdays ago and what you were thinking about at that moment?  Most of our daily thoughts get filed away under the category of non essential.

What we do remember are the turning points in our lives.  Those are the ones filed under the category of life changing.  Today's quote is, "Defining moments are many as our lives are constantly changing."  We are not defined by one single event.  A life is filled with celebrations and heartache but each and every one contribute to who we are.  

You are not the same at 20, 30, 40, etc.  Thinking back on just one experience from each decade could be why you acted a certain way in another.  What we do, how we respond, why we live our lives the way we do is because of what we did and how we responded at the time which helped define us.  We are ever evolving and constantly changing.  Let not one moment define who you are.  It ain't over yet!

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone! ~Love, Amy



To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co

To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Amy for the reminder. I keep playing some events in my life over in my mind and no more. Though they shaped who I am today and I like to think the event taught me how to be the resilient person I am today.

    ReplyDelete