Thursday, September 12, 2019

WHEN LIES EQUALTRUTH AND TRUTH EQUALS LIES

Good morning all!  How are you on this Mondayy?  Just checking to see if you are paying attention.  I know today is Thursday.  Do you ever look at the scale in the morning and pretend to see a number that's not really there or perhaps lean a certain way so that indeed that number is there?  I think we all do that and to be honest who cares.  If it makes us feel better that's one little lie that won't get us in trouble.

We can make up all sorts of white lies to make ourselves feel better.  Those pants aren't THAT tight.  I'm too busy to..... but what about the lies we tell ourselves that cause damage to our esteem and to the goals we wish to achieve?  What happens when we say we aren't good enough at this or that or anything?  What happens when we tell ourselves, "we will never....."  Said often enough we believe every word.

Today's quote is, "Lie to yourself often enough and it will become your truth."  If you are constantly berating yourself about yourself how what is the motivation to change?  How can you possibly motivate yourself to push forward towards your goals?  You can't.  And you can't because you begin to believe all the awful things you've said about yourself.

Does that mean walk around and say, "look at me everyone, I'm fabulous!"  Yes it does!  You thought I was going to say no and I thought I was going to say no but as soon as I looked at that sentence I thought why not!

Here's an idea.  Throw out those damn pants. The ones that are too tight.  The ones that cause you anxiety every time you open your closet.  The ones you never liked anyway and buy ones that flatter you, fit you and make you feel like a rock star!  There is nothing that can stop you on your way to Goal Street as long as you push those old lies aside.   Turn down the volume of defeat and turn up the swag and if I pass you on the street, I may just ask for an autograph!

Have a fabulous Thursday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co




No comments:

Post a Comment