Thursday, December 5, 2019

OUR INNER VILLAIN

Good morning everyone.  Happy Thursday.  When you make a mistake, how does the script go?  You know what I mean.  What are the first words you utter to yourself or are you one of the few who easily let things go.  When you get dressed do you admire yourself or give more attention to the one hair out of place?  Are you easily discouraged when things don't go as you planned or as you wanted then blame yourself when they don't?

Yep.  I could go on and on and on but I won't.  I think you get the gist.  What I am getting at is all the self-defeating things we do and say to ourselves.  How can we possibly move up if we are always putting ourselves down?  It's hard to run when your shoelaces are tied together.

Today's quote is, "The enemy is not always out there but most often within."  What?  We are supposed to love ourselves.  We are supposed to give ourselves encouragement but instead we nit pick and find fault with what is both real and imaginary.  Guilty as charged.  I'm no different than you.  I see that hair leaning left instead of right, that tummy bulge after eating too much pasta.  When I've misplaced something I get annoyed with myself.

It has taken time and practice (Meditation is a HUGE help! Just sayin!) but I have learned to let things go.  Perfection is a hard place to reach and perfect according to who?  I'm not saying to lower your standards.  Absolutely not!  What I am saying is be kinder and gentler to yourself.  How can you rise up with weights on your feet.

Be the one to remove those constraints, not make them tighter.  Let your hair blow in the breeze and enjoy your rigatoni.  Most importantly take each day as it comes.  One at a time.   That place where you want to be is in reach.  Support yourself all the way to the top with strength, encouragement and most importantly, self-love!

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone! ~Love, Amy


To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment