Tuesday, December 3, 2019

WALKING AT YOUR OWN SPEED

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday.  I have an odd question for you and if any one of you remember what I am about to ask, please please let me know!  Do you remember when you started to walk?  I certainly don't but I also don't remember crawling.  I just know that one day I must have stood upright, put one foot in front of the other and forged ahead.

I have 3 children.  Each one of them began walking at different ages.  One walked at 15 months, one at exactly 1 year and the other one at 17 months.  I was never worried.  Even when a horrified expression was followed by, "he's not walking yet?"  I still was never worried.  I knew that my children would one day stand up and go.  I also knew that they would do this not with my coaxing but when they were good and ready.

There are some things in life that cannot be taught but rather figured out and done in their own time.  Today's quote is, "Walking is not a skill that is taught - we all do it at our own time and our own pace."  Just like I knew they would, each one of my children walked when they were good and ready.

There are some things in life that are simply not teachable.  We all learn by different methods.  We all have our own way of doing things.  As a morning person I am up and posting quotes and blogs at 4:30 am.  While some might wonder how in the world I can get up at that time, I wonder how someone can stay awake until 2 in the morning.  We all roll in different directions but what matters is we all get there when it is our time.

You may have the best advice in the world but if that advice isn't ready to be heard you may as well talk to yourself. You can show someone what to do, you can tell someone what to do but until they are ready to do it themselves, it won't get done!

Whatever you do, have a wonderful Tuesday everyone! ~Love, Amy


To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co





No comments:

Post a Comment