Tuesday, February 11, 2020

STEPPING FORWARD OR STANDING STILL

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday.  Do you daydream?  I often find my mind drifting at certain times in my day.  Sometimes my thoughts are random and go from "did I put the wash in the dryer," to "I need to buy yeast." Sometimes my mind completely leaves and I find myself visualizing  a country road or the shore of a beach.  Definitely two of my favorite places. It won't be long before my visualizations become a reality, (excluding the laundry and food shopping) and that's because I have been doing everything I can to make it happen.

Nothing happens simply because you want it to.  You have to make it happen.  In your mind's eye, envision a rainbow and think about what you would like to find at the other end AND how you are going to get there.  You need a plan and you need to plot each movement one by one OR just admire those beautiful colors, two very different approaches leading to change or stagnation.

Today's quote is, "Everything you do is a step to the next place - everything you don't do is also a step."  True that! Remember that it takes time to get to where you want to be.  Once upon a time we found our way to the working world and it wasn't exactly what we wanted to do but we did it anyway.  Then we found ourselves somewhere that was a bit more challenging and fulfilling but we weren't quite there yet.  Sometimes we refused to acknowledge that there was even anything remotely interesting out there.  Not a step in the wrong direction, but a decision we made.

Get the picture.  We cannot possibly get to step 10 without going through 1-9 but somewhere around step 5 you may need to take your time and regroup.  Whatever you do, whatever approach you take know that it is all part of the process!

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment