Thursday, February 27, 2020

THE LONG WALK HOME

Good morning everyone.  Happy Thursday.  Long walks are something I adore.  Even when I didn't have Mia by my side, I used to take long walks no matter what the weather brought.  OK, not if it brought rain!  During these walks my mind would jump from topic to topic or freeze while I admired a tree, a cloud or a bird in the sky.

These walks were and still are an important part of my day.  I use them to clear my head and make future plans like what to cook for dinner and where I see myself a month from now.  Sometimes I reminisce and review past events that could have been done differently but never do I berate myself for past mistakes. You can't have a smash hit on Broadway without lots of rehearsals!

Today's quote is, "The walk to your destiny begins with challenges obstacles failures successes and ultimately celebrations when your goals have been reached and realized."  We all know about the overnight success right?  Wrong.  Such a thing does not exist.

A client of mine, a graphic designer whose job it is to come up with logos for various products shared a very poignant story.  He was given a design job and when the work was completed his client didn't want to pay the amount agreed upon because it only took ten minutes to draw. His very appropriate response was to say,  "Do you know how many years of schooling and practice went into that ten minute design?"

Do you know how many potatoes a Michelin chef has peeled before getting that five star rating?  Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance was rejected by so many publishers it made the Guinness Book of World Records.  One hundred and twenty one publishing houses turned it down before it went on to become a best seller selling five million copies.

Sore fingers didn't stop Daniel Boulud from cooking nor did a wounded ego stop Robert M. Pirsig from writing.  That overnight success is a long way in the making for anyone and everyone.  You may feel discouraged and disheartened but never give up.  Take comfort to know that we all begin with challenges, with obstacles, with failures and mistakes but with tenacity, drive and enthusiasm those successes can and will be yours.  I know it isn't always easy but when those goals are reached, grab a couple of glasses and toast to your accomplishments!

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone! ~Love, Amy



To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment