Thursday, February 11, 2021

FADING FOOTPRINTS

Good morning everyone and happy Thursday.  On these cold, dark winter days who doesn't start daydreaming about the beach?  I do for one!  Seasons are great but just about this time of year I imagine what it would be like to dig my toes into the warm sand and how I love making my own footprints down by the shore and watching the ocean waves wash them away.

This can be a difficult time of year as some of us suffer from seasonal affective disorder due to light depravation and lack of sunshine.  Thank goodness Spring is not that far away and sadness will give way to joy as the days get longer and brighter.  Before you know it Spring turns to Summer and it will be time to renew those beach passes.

Today's quote is, "What is a footprint on the sand but a temporary mold like emotions that visit us only to leave soon after they arrive."   Emotions are fleeting just like those footprints.  They come and go.  Even when they linger much longer than we would like, emotions are temporary.  As much as we prefer joy to sadness, holding onto it is like trying to catch the wind.  

Clinical depression is not fleeting and needs to be addressed by professionals.  Bad moods however change from good to bad and back to good again, not always as fast as we would like, but change they do.  Daydreaming is a wonderful way to get out of your head.  Take a journey to a place you would rather be.  Its really not that hard.  According the science our minds wander 46.9% of every day.  Holy cow!  Half of our day is spent thinking about something other than what we are doing so why not wander somewhere fun?

Go to a beach or a lake.  Take a hike, ski down a mountain or watch butterflies.  Your mind can take you anywhere you want to go so let it take you to a place that puts a smile on your face!

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone! ~Love, Amy


To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co

To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions or email me at amy@amykaufman.co

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Amy. I was out twice yesterday walking with friends. I embrace each season as it comes and yes am yearning for warmth too.
    Perfect timing for this blog post

    ReplyDelete