Thursday, February 25, 2021

WADING THROUGH THE MUD

Good morning everyone and happy Thursday.  Raise your hand if you're happy its Thursday.  It isn't that I want you or anyone, myself included to wish the day away but sometimes the closer we get to Friday the more tired we are.  Let's face it, we humans are a busy breed and sometimes all we want to do is sleep just one extra hour.  

Being tired is part of our human experience.  Curling up in our comfy quilt is far more preferable to getting out of bed at 5 a.m. but we do it because we have to.  What happens when depression and despair hits us.  They are also part of the human experience but one that makes the slightest movement almost impossible.

Today's quote is, "Despair is the muddy water you wade through until the heaviness begins to sink to the bottom making each step easier and easier enabling you to lift yourself completely out and be completely free."   Do not fear despair.  It is but another emotion that will fade as time goes on.  It is not an easy one nor am I making light of it.  I'm bringing your attention to the fact that it is but one of so many visceral emotions.  Despair leaves us feeling as though our stomachs and hearts can touch the floor.  When we are so low how on earth can we rise up?  

Know that these emotions that I write about I have experienced myself.   I am a healer but I am human. I have been joyful and miserable, exuberant and despondent.   Whichever emotion I feel I know that it will not last even if it feels like wading through muddy waters.  Keep wading.  Keep walking.  Lift those feet higher with every step and leave those muddy tracks behind you.

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone! ~Love, Amy



To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co

To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions or email me at amy@amykaufman.co

1 comment:

  1. The photo is uplifting and your message timely .
    Thank you Amy

    ReplyDelete