Tuesday, September 21, 2021

KNOWLEDGE VS. WISDOM

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday.  Are you a life long learner?  I love learning new things.  There is always something new to learn even if it is just a new recipe.  There are so many ways to acquire knowledge.  These days of course we have the internet although I'm a bit dubious about the internet as a source of real learning.  I prefer a good old fashioned book.  I enjoy all kinds of topics and genres.  When I learn something new I feel empowered having gained knowledge I might have lived without.

Wisdom on the other hand is something gained through experience because some things just can't be found in a book.  Today's quote is, "Knowledge is acquired - wisdom is gained - you cannot acquire wisdom from a book - it is the experience you have lived through that will make you the most knowledgeable." 

Life experience is the ultimate hands on learning.  You could read all the "how to" books on narcissistic behavior but until you come across one in real life you have no idea what you are in for.  To make the best bread, pie crust, cookies or summer pasta dish, read what Ina Garten has to say.  To feel the power of a sunrise you must witness it first hand. Books will teach you all kinds of things but the wisdom you gain through experience can never be written about.

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone! ~Love, Amy



To learn more about me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co

To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment