Tuesday, November 17, 2020

LEAVE SELF-PITY OUT

Good morning everyone.  Happy Tuesday.  What is it that you like to indulge in.  Is it dessert?  Is it your passion for knitting or cooking or gardening?  Is travel your thing?  When we are able to live our lives the way we want and pursue what brings us joy then why not indulge!

What happens when things don't go your way or turn out like you hoped and imagined.  Do you get sad?  Who wouldn't.  Disappointed?  Obviously.  The question is do you wallow in your sadness and disappointment to where you can't move forward?   Do you scrub sorrow down your arms and into your very being?

Move yourself away from yourself!  Does that make sense?  Skootch over and get our of your way.   Do something nice for a friend, a loved one or a total stranger.  Today's quote is, "Indulge in compassion - it is far more rewarding than self pity."  The days of me, myself and I are gone.

The best way to improve your mood is to change your focus on something other than yourself.  Knowing that you are responsible for creating happiness for another human being brings an indescribable joy, one that is far more gratifying than wallowing in self pity.  Stretch that amygdala and exercise that prefrontal cortex of yours.

Self pity zaps you of energy and desire while a random act of kindness lights your soul and wouldn't you rather live in light?  I would!

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more. It is impossible to feel good and feel sorry for yourself at the same time.

    ReplyDelete