Thursday, November 19, 2020

BE STILL

Good morning everyone.  Happy Thursday.  If you are reading this right now, stop.  Stop for a moment and when you come back let me know how you feel.  Well?  What was it like being absolutely still for a moment?  Was it hard?  Was it easy?  Did you like it?

We know busy.  We know chaos.  We know stress and anxiety but we don't know stillness.  Busy is not an excuse.  What are we afraid of?  Today's quote is, "There is sweetness in stillness - be still long enough - feel it and know it."

Meditation is the ultimate way to be still but guess what.  You don't have to meditate if you aren't ready.  You could sit in your favorite chair and stare out the window.  You could have your morning coffee at the kitchen table without your phone!  You could sit up in bed when you wake up and let your feet dangle for just a moment.

There are many ways we can be still.  We just have to want to be still.  I'll admit meditating was hard for me but the more I did it the easier it became.  When I first started it was only for ten minutes.  Really!  That was it.  Ten minutes.  Sometimes those ten minutes were the longest ones of the day but I stuck with it.

Ten minutes turned into twenty and my day isn't the same without those twenty minutes of stillness and silence.  Please don't tell me you don't have time because I will tell you what you don't have time for: stress, anxiety and chaos.  Find the time for stillness and silence and I promise in no time, the sweetness will follow!

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment