Tuesday, January 18, 2022

GONE AND FORGOTTEN

Good morning everyone.  Happy Tuesday.  There's a difference between reminiscing and harping.  I love the word, reminiscing.  It always makes me think of the Little River Band song, named Reminiscing which brings me back to years gone by.  "Each time we hear that favorite song, the memories come along."   And come along they do with fond memories of the past.  

Harping is something entirely different.  "Why did I do that?" "What was I thinking?"  "What happens if?"  It has a much different vibe and a rather unpleasant feel.  What's done is usually done.  You can't redo something you already did.  What you can do is forgive yourself and move on.

Today's quote is, "What happened yesterday is gone, forget it and focus on today."  File this away in the category of easier said than done but let that file be close at hand.  We make all sorts of mistakes.  Some can be rectified; some you can apologize for and others where there is nothing you can do to change the outcome. 

Allow yourself to feel all the emotions that come with it.  Anger, upset, guilt, sadness, devastation, whatever comes to mind but don't allow yourself to relive those moments and emotions over and over again.  They simply serve no purpose.

Leave yesterday behind.  You have more important things to do today.

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone! ~Love, Amy


To learn more about me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co

To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment