Wednesday, July 5, 2017

BE HERE TODAY

Good Morning!  It's been a few days.  Hope you all had a wonderful fourth of July.  Mia had a terrible fourth of July.  The sounds of the fireworks terrified her although we were able to watch an absolutely spectacular show right in our backyard.  I love fireworks.  I think they are beautiful and festive and symbolize summer but for Mia, I am glad they are over.

I know today will be a better day for her and she won't be scared to go outside like she was yesterday.  There are always lots of fireworks leading up to the big day so I am thankful they are finished.  What if there are more?  I can't think about it because it hasn't happened yet. 

Today's quote, "Concentrate on what today will bring - tomorrow is not here yet."  How many of us perseverate on what will be rather than what is?  On all that has not yet occurred?  Guilty right here.  It's something else that I have worked really hard at not doing.  It is very easy to tell you to be in the moment but how many of us really are?

I would plan for our next vacation while on vacation.  You can worry about tomorrow's weather.  That's a list that can go on and on.  I have begun a new summer schedule for meditation.  I worry about who will come.  Who can come.  BUT....I also decided to stop.  Whatever happens will happen.  And so instead of worrying, I am excited to see who will show up.

It's not that we don't think about the future but don't just think about tomorrow.  Think about today.  Live for today and enjoy today.  Before you know it, tomorrow will be here!  Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!~Love, Amy 



No comments:

Post a Comment