Saturday, July 22, 2017

LET YOUR BODY MOVE - LET YOUR MIND BE STILL

Good Morning!  Back at another weekend!  You can say that when you are off everyday is a weekend but that's not true.  Every day has a different feel.  No one can tell me that Monday EVER feels like Saturday or even Wednesday.  Today feels very much like the Saturday that it is and I'm happy it's here.  

Most of my days begin in what is usual for me.  Making my bed, coming downstairs, turning on the coffee, writing my quotes and of course walking my beloved Mia.  She is very patient as she knows I have some things to get to before I get to her.  She knows that she will always have a nice walk together.  It is not only what she looks forward to but what I look forward to as well.

Walking Mia is like walking meditation.  It is when I can hear the birds, the bugs and all the sounds around me that let me know it's going to be a great day.  Today's quote, "Relaxing can be constant movement of the body but not constant movement of the mind."  Some people have a very hard time sitting still and are constantly on the move.  We all know people like that.  I am like that.  I love moving around and doing things.  There are always things to be done that need movement BUT if you can't let your mind relax that's not good for your health.  

Thoughts always come in and out but letting them out is so important.  When you walk and I encourage that, just be.  Just breathe and look at all that surrounds  you.  The trees, the sky, the landscape.  Take in the beauty.  Don't go over your daily routine.  When people tell me they can't meditate, of course I listen but I don't believe that about anyone.  Anyone and everyone can meditate.  

My meditations are a wonderful way to begin as I lead people on a guided journey. Some of us need help to clear our minds and that's perfectly fine.  At one time or another we all need some sort of help.  Never say never!  Take a walk and stretch your legs.  Get that morning exercise but when it comes to your mind, let it all go.  

I have faith that everyone can clear their minds.  Take a walk and see your neighborhood through new eyes!  Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment