Thursday, July 13, 2017

SAVE YOURSELF FIRST

Good Morning all!  It's been awhile I know.  How is everyone?  I will be honest here.  My computer was not working properly so I had to use another one in the house that is not always available and I thought I would take a bit of a break.  I started to feel that I was too repetitious even though many of my thoughts relate.  I am back today and it feels good and it feels right!  

I have friend who is a great person.  A wonderful person but chooses to help those around him at the expense of himself.  I have been thinking a lot about him because he is doing it again.  Do you know anyone like that?  Are you yourself that person?  

Today's quote, "It's admirable to save those you love - love yourself enough to save yourself first."  Don't ya think?  Who doesn't want or need help?  At times we all do and it's wonderful when someone is there for you.  Truly there for you, enough to change your life but what about the one doing the saving?

Is that person sacrificing everything in order to help someone else?  Of course we all feel good when we do for others but you can't leave out the most important person which is you!  This is not selfish!  No!  Not at all.  It is imperative to take care of yourself so that you can be offer proper support.  Never forget how important you are.  If others rely on you make sure you are strong enough to help them.  

If you are not, then learn to say no.  That's perfectly O.K.  It's not mean, it's not rude, it's what has to be at that particular moment.  Get that massage, take that walk, read that book.  Find time for you and only then will you have all the time in the world for those you love and who need your help!  Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment