Tuesday, October 8, 2019

REACH FOR IT ALL - YOU NEVER KNOW

Good morning everyone!  Happy Tuesday. About a month ago I was scrolling through my phone looking at Facebook.  Hardly an unusual activity since approximately 2.7 billion use it.  What stopped me in my tracks was a photo of a woman who died suddenly at a very young age.  

I was compelled to read her obituary given her appearance which was that of a healthy and attractive woman.  Not one who looked at all sickly.  It was said that her death was sudden and that she was surrounded by her loved ones.  Sudden.  That was the word that struck me.

Of course she died surrounded by her loved ones.  It was a Sunday morning and she should have been in the kitchen making pancakes for her kids.  Instead she was in her bedroom under the covers from a sleep she would never awaken from, unable to hear the pleas from her family to start breakfast.  

You can obviously see this touched quite a nerve inside me.  I didn't know this woman.  I didn't know her friends, her family or anything about her.  All I knew was that she died without warning, without explanation and without any good-byes. 

I was sad for her family but distraught over this stranger.  A woman I did not know but one who had so much more of life to live and like most of us put her interests aside due to other obligations. When is the time to put ourselves first?  The truth is there never is a right time but it should be sooner versus later.  

Today's quote is, "The impermanence of life justifies reaching for all it has to offer."  We hear the expression, "you never know" but a what a true statement.  Do you actually know if you will wake up
tomorrow?  We all assume we will.  There is simply no way to be 100% sure of anything.  Now of course I'm not for being reckless and irresponsible but I am for living your life to the fullest.

I am for enjoying small moments and big ones.  I am for trying new experiences and tasting new foods.  I am for living your best life possible because as the saying goes, "you never know."  Now go eat that donut you've been craving and enjoy every sugary bite.

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone! ~Love, Amy 

To learn more about what I do, visit my websit:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co


No comments:

Post a Comment