Tuesday, November 5, 2019

WORDS CANNOT COMPARE TO ACTIONS

Good morning everyone.  Happy Tuesday and happy November.  I happen to be a rather clumsy person.  I've walked into the corner of the dishwasher more times than I've stubbed my toe on the bedpost.  The dishwasher has been in the same spot for ten years, the bedpost - twenty.  Each and every time I do that my husband will make a joke as I writhe in pain.  
I have to admit that sometimes I am a funny site even though I would prefer to hear kind words or have an ice pack handed to me. 

If someone dear to you is having a rough time, words are mere platitudes that don't offer much aside from momentary comfort, if anything.  Genuine care and concern is demonstrated through what we do, not what we say.  Today's quote is, "Soothing words cannot compare to soothing action."  This is simply a new play on those old words we've heard all our lives.  Actions speak louder than words. 

Actions do speak louder than words.  Why is it that we always wait for a tragedy to strike to offer comfort and assistance?  Texting is so prevalent these days that hardly anyone bothers to make a phone call but how nice is it to have a real conversation!  Actions don't have to be big and grandiose.  A phone call, a smile, a hug.  Such small things yet so incredibly meaningful.  

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone! ~Love, Amy  


To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment