Tuesday, August 11, 2020

ONLY THINGS GET LOST - Tuesday, 8/11

Good morning everyone!  Happy Tuesday to you all.  A very long time ago I found a pair of designer sunglasses.  I don't recall where exactly it was that I found them but I do recall my excitement when I spotted them.  I knew they were an expensive brand but they were beautiful and looked great on me. 

I had them for quite some time and then one day as I was getting all three of my toddlers ready for a car ride they disappeared.  JUST. LIKE. THAT.  Having three toddlers will do that to you.  I was lucky I left the house wearing matching shoes. 

I never did find them.  Losing things bothers me.  I consider myself to be very organized where everything in my home has a place.  Keys are left on the mail table.  Reading glasses next to the toaster oven.  Spare house key under the.....I'm not going to tell you but yes, the spare key has its own place too. 

Things can be lost but have you ever felt lost yourself?  Wondering which direction to take and what road to go on?  At one time or another we have all felt that way.  That is the process called life.  Today's quote is, "Lost does not exist you are always somewhere."

You may not have found your way but you are not lost.  There are those who at five years old know they want to be a doctor.  I was not that five year old.  There are those m who enter college knowing what they will major in.  I was not one of those.  There are those who know where exactly what field they will pursue immediately after graduation.  I was not one of those.

After college I went to graduate school because I had no idea what I wanted to do.  After graduate school I spent ten months on a Kibbutz in Israel as a way of procrastinating the job search.  Upon my return I worked as a secretary, an arts administrator and a caterer.  Not seeing a future in any of those professions I worked for a temp agency and as a substitute teacher.

Fast forward many years later I found my calling.  The above may look like a short sentence but what you cannot see are the years it took to get me to where I am today.

Wherever you are at the moment is exactly where you are meant to be.  You many still be searching but never are you lost!

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my webite:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment