Thursday, August 27, 2020

OBSERVING YOUR ANGER

Good morning everyone!  Happy Thursday.  When my first born was little he absolutely loved animals.  Not only did he love them but he knew all of them from the common to the exotic.  One of the fondest memories I have is my son's first trip to the Bronx Zoo.  While I am not a proponent of animals in cages it was fun seeing his reaction to emus and hippos.

The reptile and amphibian house was also a big hit.  Like most little boys, he loved snakes and frogs.  My arms would get tired holding him up so he could stare at them in pure delight and wonder but when a snake lunged forward he would practically climb on my head.

Have you ever seen a snake lurch forward?  Its pretty scary.  That's what we look like when we are angry.  We lunge towards our opponent baring our fangs ready to strike but instead of striking we need to stop and take a breath.

Today's quote is, "When anger strikes do not strike back - it is a human emotion - one of many to be acknowledged, observed and released."  As children we are introduced to happy and sad before getting acquainted with sullen, depressed, miserable, lonely, angry, heartbroken, etc. etc.  In any given day we go through a myriad of emotions.

It is perfectly human to want to react when we are struck by certain emotions but sometimes it is best to stop and think if a reaction is truly warranted.  If someone is angry with us reacting angrily with them becomes a continuous cycle that never resolves anything.  Within us is a basket full of emotions.  Choose them wisely and let them go.  We all have them but we all don't have to be them!

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone! ~Love, Amy


To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment