Thursday, April 19, 2018

LISTEN TO YOURSELF

Good morning on this dreary Thursday!  Rain is good for the earth and good for the flowers and when the sun shines upon us we will appreciate it that much more!  That's not even a quote.  That's just me saying the rain won't last forever!

It's good to be back to my blog but before I get into my quote of the day, let me share my fear with you.  I wrote on this blog last night for the first time in a REALLY long time.  I had a dream that someone wrote back to me that I was naïve and criticized my blog in other ways as well.

Here's the thing.  I am human.  YES!  I am like everyone else.  I have feelings of strength and joy and power but I also have feelings of insecurity and at times, anxiety.  I understand that when I write not everyone will be in agreement, on the same page or even get what I am trying to say and you know what?  That's OK.  What I was doing was working out my fears in my dreams.  The bottom line is that here I am.  I am back, I will write and I give my self permission to continue whether someone likes it or not!

Here goes today's thought, "And when someone comes along and tells you what you are doing is wrong, let them know it is wrong for them but not for you."  Holy Cow, is that perfect for me or what?  Ahh, the Universe is at it again!  This is me!  These are things I think about and I know, I honestly know that I am not alone.  I truly believe that when I come up with one of my quotes it resonates with someone and lots of someones out there!

It is the old story of people trying to tell you what to do.  What is right for you when they may not even have a clue.  Your inner voice will always speak to you and that is the only one you need to listen to.  Who knows you better than you, except maybe your mother and even then, you are the one who knows your true capabilities and desires.

Be aware of the guise of, "I'm just trying to help."  Sounds lovely but be firm with yourself.  Never, never let anyone talk you out of something that you feel in your heart is right for you!  I may have another "scary" dream or nightmare tonight regarding my new venture but I know this is what I need to be doing.  I know this is right and I will let no one convince me otherwise!  Have a wonderful day everyone!~Amy~

No comments:

Post a Comment