Wednesday, April 25, 2018

REPLACE JEALOUSY WITH GRATITUDE

Good Morning and happy Wednesday.  Thankful for yesterday's sunshine as rain is in our future for the rest of the day.  I'm already jealous of yesterday.

Today's quote, "Release jealousy from your life and replace it with gratitude for you have so many blessings to be thankful for."  I suppose I could look at the rain as nourishing the soil and helping my daffodils grow.

Have you ever driven by a big beautiful house and thought about what it might be like to live there?  Have you ever walked by someone you thought had the "perfect" body and whished you could look like that?

The truth is  you don't know what goes on inside that big beautiful house.  Maybe the people living inside are miserable and on the verge of divorce.  Maybe that person with the "perfect" body has a health issue we can't see on the outside.

The point is, you never know what the real truth about anything unless it is freely and willingly shared.  Stop for a moment and think of what is in your life.  And yes.  I mean the material things too.  There is nothing wrong with being grateful for "things".

I have beautiful art work, carpets and glassware that I love, that I think are exquisite and bring me joy when I look at it all.  Have I been envious upon seeing a friend's gorgeous bathroom while mine are stuck in the 60's.  Yes I said it.  The 60's.  They are so old they are literally making a comeback!

Would I love to redo my bathrooms.  Yes.  Would it be more beneficial to pay my children's college tuition?  Absolutely!  I am grateful that I have bathrooms that work!  I am grateful that my children are happy where they are. I am grateful that I have a home filled with not only beautiful things but love as well.

Try your best to let go of envy and jealousy and look at the riches you have been bestowed with.  I'm not kidding about my bathrooms.  They are mid-century modern and didn't cost me an extra dime!
Have a great day everyone!~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment