Tuesday, July 16, 2019

DON'T VEER OFF THE ROAD

Good morning everyone.  Happy Tuesday.  We are smack in the middle of July.  I'm loving these long days and warm nights.  I love getting up early and listening to the birds, the insects and the lawnmowers.  I like evening walks with Mia when the sun has gone down and invited the fireflies to come out.  Nothing says summer to me more than the sight of flashing fireflies.

Although I am not at my day job, I have not been counting blades of grass  either.  Nope!  Not having to be somewhere has not meant that I have nothing to do. The great part about having time to do what  you want to is both simple and complicated.  When you don't have to be somewhere you can linger over your coffee and put off things till later.

Ah ha!  I said it.  Put things off till later.  That is where it gets sticky.  Are those the things that don't matter if they get done immediately or tomorrow or are you just avoiding and delaying a process?  Today's quote is "Distractions are excuses we use to veer off our path."  This is for everyone!  Anything can be a distraction.

Think of all the things you were going to do but the phone rang.  You went to the fridge.  You cleaned out your drawer.  Wait!  You never clean out your drawer BUT at that moment it was easier to look at old papers than sit down and do what you really needed to.  Distractions come in many forms even us ourselves as we find numerous ways to run in the opposite direction.

If you have a goal don't use a beautiful day as a reason to abandon that goal.  If your path is straight ahead, don't make the turn.  And whatever you do, don't make excuses for why you are not where you want to be.  Remember we are all in control of ourselves.  Move from the passenger side of the seat and get behind that steering wheel straight ahead on your goal down destination highway!

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone! ~Love, Amy


To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment