Tuesday, July 30, 2019

KEEP SOARING BUT LAND WHERE IT FEELS RIGHT

Good morning all!  Happy Tuesday.  What are your plans for today?  Do they include working out, doing errands or nothing at all?  Whenever my day job ends for the summer, my head is filled with all the things I am going to do from organizing drawers and cabinets to taking photos of a sunrise to getting rid of clothes I never wear.  If I actually get to straightening out the linen closet I will have accomplished more than I thought possible!

Will I get to do all of the above?  Probably not but a girl can always dream!  As simple as those chores sound they sometimes get to be overwhelming and I begin to realize I set my sights way to high.  The reality is that I will get to some of those things but not all.  Today's quote is, "Set your sights on what is realistic and attainable for you in your life."

It is nice to have aspirations but keep them grounded in reality otherwise you will only be disappointed.  Although cleaning out a couple of drawers doesn't sound like a big deal, it is to me.  When I look at all the junk that awaits me I suddenly think of a million other things I would rather do, one of which includes doing nothing at all!  

I know myself quite well.  I know that I will get to some of those things but not to all of them because I know my limitations.  Knowing your limitations is key because when you do you will save yourself from feelings of frustration.  It doesn't matter that my list was long.  What matters is that whatever tasks I finished, I was OK with it.  It is wonderful to have aspirations but make sure they are grounded in your reality.

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment