Tuesday, July 23, 2019

MOMENTARY HAPPINESS

Good morning everyone.  Happy Tuesday!  Are you a shopper?  I love to shop although I don't consider myself to be one.  I have to be in the mood.  I could go months without walking into a store but when my favorite boutique puts out their SALE sign, I'm on my way!  I love picking out beautiful clothes and purchasing them at a fraction of their original cost.  I love handing over the cash in exchange for a bag filled up with the goodies I chose.

When I get home, I love to take my purchases from the bag, unwrap the tissue paper and admire my new things.  Usually the bag will sit on my bedroom floor until I find the time and room to put everything away but once I do, I often forget what I bought!  Not to say I changed my mind and no longer like my new shirts, pants or whatever else was in the bag but when it is out of sight the excitement has also dissipated. 

Today's quote is, "The momentary joy a shiny object may bring will never compare to the lasting feeling of inner peace."  This is true for me and probably a lot of you reading this as well.  We love new!  We love shiny!  We love tags and ribbons and bows and things!  But all too often it becomes, "what's next?"  Even if we have purchased something we have longed for we can't seem to maintain that initial excitement.  We may have saved up for months for that designer handbag but after awhile its just another handbag.

What lasts longer than handbags, shoes and stuff is peace from within.  If you have that you just about have everything.  Things cannot replace nor create calm.  Even with new purchases we still find comfort in our favorite worn out t-shirt.  When you have inner peace you have it all and whether you are wearing a designer dress or your favorite comfy sweats, you will look fabulous! 


Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone! ~Love, Amy    

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment