Tuesday, August 27, 2019

LISTEN AND LEARN

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday.  My grandparents passed many years ago but I am lucky that both my mom and dad are still with me.  As I have grown older with them they have both opened up more about themselves and what they have gone through in their lives.  This is especially true of my mom.  Mothers and daughters of all ages have a unique relationship.  We fight, we get on each other's nerves but in the end, there is nothing a mother wouldn't do for her daughter and that is certainly true of mine. 

In these later years my mom has shared many stories with me that as a younger woman I was not prepared to hear.  We put our parents on pedestals of sorts and fail to acknowledge the obstacles they needed to push aside and the struggles that held them back.  Even as adults, we often refuse to see them as the human beings they are.  If you are one of the lucky ones and your parents still inhabit this earth, listen to them.  Listen to their stories, their struggles and how they overcame their hardships.  

Today's quote is, "With a humble heart - listen to the stories of others and let them teach you and show you compassion."  The best teachers are the ones who taught us and often those teachers are your parents.  The first adults you came into contact with.  They were there to love you, guide you, protect you and teach you.  You may not have wanted to listen to them but as you got older you realized they were right.  I think the best gift I got my mom was a refrigerator magnet that said, "Your mother was right about everything!"  Indeed she was and still is.

Experience brings knowledge and that knowledge can come from anyone who has crossed our path, especially our parents.  Never underestimate the stories one has to share.  Quite often there is a lesson buried somewhere in that story.  


Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the reminder Amy and wbstvs blessing for you to have both your parents . Me too❤️

    ReplyDelete