Thursday, August 22, 2019

PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK

Good morning everyone and happy Thursday.  Go go go!  That's all we ever seem to do.  Relaxing is hard as our minds are usually consumed by the next thing we need to do although I've become very good at it.  I'm positive that meditation has helped me in my ability to be in complete stillness.  It's wonderful.  I love to be outside with Mia, both of us sitting on my mossy lawn enjoying the summer air. 

When I come back to myself my list begins.  First on my agenda is giving gratitude to all my blessings, (of which there are many!)  Second on the list is giving gratitude to myself for all the hard work I've done to get me to where I am.  Does that shock you?  It shouldn't.  There is nothing wrong and everything right with being your own champion.  Today's quote is, "Turn around to admire and acknowledge the person you once were - the one who helped  you become who you are and be there to greet them upon their arrival."  

No matter where you are today in that dream of yours you are further than you were yesterday.  We are all so hard on ourselves.  Self-degradation and criticism comes far to easily from our mouths but what should be acknowledged is how much growth we have experienced even if it is ever so slight.  

Think of yourself as a beautiful flower that blossoms from a tiny bud.  Little by little that bud expands and and out come those gorgeous petals of red, pink, orange, yellow, blue, lavender, green and purple.  The process from bud to bloom takes effort and is both a miraculous and stunning sight to behold.  The effort it takes you to blossom and bloom should be met with accolades, recognition and praise.  Admire your efforts, acknowledge your efforts and greet this magnificent person you have become!


Have a wonderful Thursday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment