Thursday, August 8, 2019

WHY REVISIT PAIN

Good morning everyone.  Happy Thursday.  I love sitting on my deck on these hot summer mornings.  Nothing says lazy like the heat that rises all around me.  On these days even the bugs take a break and hide under the shade of the flowers that adorn the space.  I do my best thinking this time of day.  Nothing earth shattering but the list I need to get to for the day and maybe some future planning as well.  Sometimes things pop in my head that have nothing to do with anything, just some random thoughts.

Unfortunately these random thoughts lead me to remember things of the past and not always pleasant remembrances either.  When that happens I get up and move my body to readjust my focus on the insects crawling around or the sounds of the morning.  If I don't do that I find that I am back in that exact place of hurt and I definitely don't want to be there.

Today's quote is, "To reminisce of past hurt and anger brings us right back to that place that time and that moment."  When you remember something wonderful you can feel your lips forming an upward curve creating a smile but when you remember an incident you wished had never happened you can feel your brow furrow and your stomach twist in knots.  

Our minds have an incredible ability to bring us right back to the exact moment of painful occurrences and happy ones.  Why choose pain?  We have all been hurt by others or ourselves but it doesn't mean we need to punish ourselves by going back there.  If you find yourself doing that, stop immediately, take a deep breath, take a walk and leave the past behind.  

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment