Thursday, August 15, 2019

NAVIGATING THROUGH

Good morning everyone!  Happy Thursday.  What is the first thing you do if you are outside in a rain storm?  You look for shelter.  What happens if shelter is nowhere to be found?  You get wet.  And what happens if you get wet?  Nothing.  You stay wet until you get dry.  I bet you were waiting for the climax!   Nope.  There isn't one.   The pitfalls of getting caught in a rainstorm are getting wet but that's about all that will happen.

Life has many pitfalls.  A unexpected rainstorm at a birthday party is a bummer but only a disaster if you make it one.  Getting cut from a soccer team is disappointing but only devastating if you allow it to be.  And who is the we I am talking about?  Why it is we parents who take a non event and turn it into a catastrophe ending up with less than desirable results. 

Today's quote is, "Shelter your children not from disappointment but teach them to navigate through with dignity, integrity and grace."  It is natural to want to protect the ones you love and boy do we love our children, however; what is the cost of such vigilance?  The answer is young people who don't understand loss, defeat, civility or poise.  Imagine how difficult life will be for these children as they grow into adulthood lacking skills of humanity. 

We all want to succeed but sometimes we fail.  Maybe we know why and maybe we don't but we all got through it.  We all want to be number one but number one is reserved for the lone one standing.  We cannot always win but we will not always lose either.  Our children need to experience triumph and defeat.  Let's make sure both are done with humility, compassion, and grace. 

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone! ~Love, Amy


To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

1 comment:

  1. You are so right! As the saying goes, "Tell me and I forget, teach me and I remember,involve me and I learn." Not allowing kids to 'fail' now and then only leads to them not striving to succeed.

    ReplyDelete