Thursday, May 21, 2020

DON'T PICK

Good morning everyone.  Happy Thursday.  When I was a kid I had a countless number of bruises on my legs and if you asked me how I got them I'm sure I had no idea! I cannot tell you how many times I have stubbed my toe on my bedpost, banged my shin on the dishwasher and turned my hip right into the kitchen counter but at least now I know where my black and blues come from!   Hard to believe I majored in dance while at college.

I also had my share of bloody scrapes which seemed to take forever to heal.  Scrapes turn into those bumpy scabs creating an activity as I (and I'm sure you) would keep picking at until they bled once again.  GROSS!  How can a wound heal if we keep picking at it?

Today's quote is, "Open wounds will never heal - give them care and love and in time they will be invisible."  Let me repeat the above question.  How can a wound heal if we keep picking at it?  Our scabs have long disappeared but that doesn't mean we have no wounds.  Some of our wounds are so old but somehow we are able to bring them right back to the surface.

When these wounds are caused by the people we love so much, whether an intimate partner or a dear friend, it is ever so painful.  It is said that time heals all wounds.  True that!  Hurtful words cannot be unsaid but we can try and understand why they were spoken.

Care for yourself like that little child who fell on the pavement and now has a bloody knee.  Wash those inner wounds with time and love and care and allow them to turn into distant memories.  Ones that allow you to cast all pain aside.

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone! ~Love, Amy


To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment