Tuesday, June 23, 2020

BE REAL

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday.  When I say good morning I mean it.  I really and truly hope that whoever is reading this is having a good morning that progresses to a good day.  We are trained to be polite and to greet one another with a good morning nod or vocal acknowledgement no matter how we feel.  Another common greeting is, "how are you?" or "how are you doing?" even though we might not care one bit.  We know if a greeting is sincere or fake but to make things easy we all go along with it.

I despise phoniness.  I despise a fake smile preferring an authentic frown.  At least you know what someone is really feeling.  Today's quote is, "Authenticity is what you do - the actions you take - not just the words you say."  Asking someone how they are and simultaneously walking away tells me  your'e not really interested.  If you want to know someone's state of mind you need to wait and listen to their response.

Why ask if you don't care?  If there is somewhere you need to be then go!  But on those rare occasions when not pressed for time, take that pause and ask the ubiquitous question with sincerity in your heart.  Does this mean that if you haven't time for a quick chat you avert your eyes to avoid contact?  Of course not.  Concern comes in the form of a text, a phone call or a conversation over coffee.  To those who mean something to you, take the time to show you care and be authentic to them and to yourself.

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment