Thursday, June 4, 2020

PONDERING THE PAST ONE TOO MANY TIMES

Good morning everyone!  Happy Thursday.  I've never been a runner.  I don't like running AT ALL!!!  I like watching track though.  My daughter ran track and jumped hurdles in high school which was really fun to watch.  The interesting thing about watching these runners was that they never looked back even when reaching for the baton.  They hold their hands out ready to grab the baton and RUN!!  Looking back slows them down.

You don't have to be a runner to know that looking back slows you down and holds you back.  That's exactly what we do when we ruminate, ponder and revisit what was and question our actions of yesterday.  Today's quote is, "When you have lived in the past there is no need to return again and again - release it and let it go - allow  yourself to freely move into a beautiful future."  

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.  Hindsight is always 20/20 but the past is gone and you cannot return so why torture yourself?  Why beat yourself up over what you can no longer change.  Letting go is hard, even painful, but you cannot progress by straddling two worlds.  It may take more time than you think but don't give yourself too much.  Misery can be the most comfortable easy chair in the world.

Stand up and get yourself out of that chair.  Release the past, the pain, the heartache and what was.  Let it go.  Literally feel it pushing its way out of your body, mind and spirit.  Hit that refresh button because there is so much more that lies ahead.  I've done it and you can too!

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR e
mail me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment