Tuesday, June 16, 2020

GO GO GO STOP

Good morning everyone!  Happy Tuesday.  In the days when a lot of moms didn't work, mine did.  I grew up quite familiar with the life of a busy mom, the one responsible for the cooking, cleaning, shopping and the weekly drive to ballet school.

This generation has taken busy to a whole other level.  Not only do we work, cook, shop and clean, we also chauffeur our kids to every conceivable lesson even if it means driving thirty minutes to and from a given activity.

By the time we arrive home we are on auto pilot, preparing dinner, supervising homework, throwing in a load of laundry and thinking about the next day when we have to do it all over again.  I'm exhausted just writing about it.  Not once did I say when nap time is! Who has time for a nap?

I don't recall when participating in a million activities became the norm for children and adults but what I do know is that there are a lot of tired people out there.  I say the new norm should be learning how to put the brakes on this lifestyle.

Today's quote is, "To forge ahead is a challenge to be still is also a challenge."  Our daily lives have become increasingly busy with little or no time for ourselves.  It was only when my three kids were away at school that I actually had some down time.  Everything I did was different.  I was no longer getting frantic "where are you" calls the second a practice ended.  I finally had "me" time. 

I took Mia on longer walks.  I lingered in the shower and even took an occasional bath.  Such simple things yet so rejuvenating for my soul.  In your quest to find your heart's desire, take stock of what is already there, find peace in the stillness and always always stop to smell the roses. 

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment