Tuesday, July 21, 2020

GIVING THANKS TO IT ALL

Good morning everyone.  Happy Tuesday.  When things go smoothly how happy are we?  Its great when everything goes according to plan.  Makes giving gratitude a snap!  "Thank you for this beautiful day," "Thank you for my avocado toast," "Thank you for the extra sleep!"

Remember the first time you had your heart broken and you thought the world would end?  Gratitude was probably not the first word that came to mind.  The last time you had a horrible nasty cold did you offer up thanks to the snot gods?  I imagine the answer is no. 

Every relationship teaches us something and when it is over we understand more about ourselves, the person we were with or both.  Having a cold is never fun but it usually comes on when we are over taxing ourselves and doing too much.  It is a call to slow down and for that you can be thankful.

A few years ago I decided it was time to re-do my disgustingly stained basement carpet.  I had the room measured on a Sunday and was ready to call the installer on Monday only to find that over night the room had flooded.  A pipe had burst and water was seeping everywhere.  Everything had to be moved, the carpet had to be ripped up and the one time play room was mess.

This was also the last summer I would have children living home because my youngest two were about to leave for college.  All of a sudden I had an AHA moment.  This was the disaster I needed but didn't know!  The legos and blocks were taken out, the carpet was replaced and Buddhas, salt lamps and crystals were brought in, thus my Reiki space was born.

Today's quote is, "Thank you pain and suffering - thank you heartache and upset - thank you chaos and catastrophe - thank you peace and calm - thank you love and joy - I've lived - I've learned - I continue."  

A disaster in your life might be a blessing in disguise.  Give thanks for it all, the good the bad and the ugly.  There is always a reason and in the end it might be better than you ever could have imagined.  Remember, the sourest lemons make the sweetest lemonade.

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co



































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment