Thursday, July 23, 2020

KINDNESS RULES

Good morning everyone!  Happy Thursday.  I love holidays.  They seem to bring out the best in everyone.  When we know a holiday is approaching our demeanor changes knowing that we will be having fun and spending time with those we adore.

Lately many celebratory days have sprouted up on Facebook, ones that I never heard of like Sibling day, Daughter's day, Son's day, National Dog Day! All these crazy days that didn't exist when I was a kid.

You know what day I find troublesome?  National Inclusion Day.  That's a day created by schools to include kids who are different.  For a day.  One and done.  Seriously?  One day to be nice to someone you've ignored most of the year?

Today's quote is, "Kindness is not an occasion."  No it is not.  Are we grumpy sometimes?  Sure we are.  No one walks around with a perpetual smile on their face but good mood or bad mood, if you bump into someone you say excuse me.  If someone's arms are full, you hold the door open.  Dropped your keys?  Hopefully the person standing behind you will pick them up.

Kindness does not have to be a grandiose gesture.  Kindness is a good morning nod.  An inquiry about your day.  Sending a text just to say hello.  Kindness is not a holiday.  It is a way of being.  Be kind to everyone, everyday because kindness is not an occasion.

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone! ~Love, Amy



To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment