Wednesday, July 25, 2018

LEAVING THE STORM OUTSIDE

Good morning.  Wednesday here.  Weather has been crazy!  Storm sun, sun storm.  Nothing you can do but ride it out.  At least it's outside and we are safe inside or are we?  Today's quote, "If a storm surrounds you let peace prevail within you," is a reminder that that is what we need to do.  We need to remain calm.  If we allow outer turmoil to affect us think of how that will only increase our anxiety level.

The world is chaotic these days and sometimes so is our immediate one.  There are times when we can control what goes on around us but also times when we have absolutely no control.  When there is nothing we can do.  What we can do is try our best to keep calm.  We need to let go of what we have no power of and remember that we do have power over ourselves.

At times of crisis we forget that and just how important it is.  Panic does nothing.  It is the same as worry.  Nothing is accomplished by panicking or worrying as it only serves to give you more of the same.  What you need in stressful situations is faith.  You need to have the faith to know that everything will work out in one way or another.  

I know that's hard especially when awful things are going on around you or in your own personal life but you need to approach every situation with courage and strength.  This is not advice.  This is how we all must learn to live.  Wouldn't it be great if conflict never arose in our lives but life doesn't work that way.

I, along with you have learned very slowly to remain calm.  Know that you are getting advice from the original worrier!  Yes, me!  I always remember a story my mom told me.  When I was about 8 or 9 I had a worried look on my face to which my mom asked what was wrong.  I told her I was worried that I might never learn to drive.  

Can you imagine being that age and seriously worrying about something that wouldn't happen for another 7 years?  I can imagine because that was me but I also know I am not alone in worrying about things large and small.  Control what  you can, release what you can't but do your absolute best to take a long deep breath and remain calm. 



To learn more about what I do, you may visit:https://amykaufman.co

If you would like to schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, you may visit: https://amykaufman.co/private-sessions/


https://amykaufman.co Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone! ~Love, Amy





1 comment: