Monday, July 23, 2018

SO YOU FAILED - TRY AGAIN

Good morning all.  Hope you all had a lovely weekend.  Mine was jam packed with everything I love doing from Friday night until yesterday.  I saw live music and had a great dinner with my husband Friday night, spent the afternoon at my new monthly venue for Reiki sessions, KHALO in beautiful Pound Ridge, went to a great blues concert that same night and kinda chilled on Sunday.  Fun can be tiring!

We're back now.  Back to the work week and even though my summer is mine, I'm working at what I love.  It hasn't always been that way.  I have been pursuing my passion of Reiki for several years and leading Guided Meditation classes for almost 4.  Being an author is even newer than that.

Today's quote, "Failure is still trying - if you failed you tried if you tried don't give up - try again."  I've spoken before about timing and how the time for me to pursue my career as a Reiki practitioner was light years ahead of when I thought I was ready.  

Now let me share with you my foray into Guided Meditation and Chakra Therapy.  I began giving classes in a small yoga studio in a terrible location but I was not deterred.  I thought why have classes once a week?  I'll have them three times a week AND twice a day!  A little overly ambitious?  Perhaps but I forged ahead.  

There were days when I had 4 people and days where I had no people.  There were more days with no people than days with people but you know what?  I went anyway always hopeful that maybe someone would show up.  Was I discouraged at the end of the summer?  Absolutely but instead of giving up, I cut my schedule down to two nights.  

Same thing.  Was it the location?  Maybe.  Was it me?  I was hoping not.  Sometimes people came and sometimes they didn't but I never gave up.  A few months later I met someone who introduced me to another venue at a much better location and little by little people came to my classes.  Over time they grew and grew.  Notice I said over time and not right away. 

Currently I have classes at two venues.  Did this take time?  You bet it did.  Did I want to give up?  You bet I did.  That little kid in me would be angry and annoyed and say to herself, "why am I bothering?" but then the rational side of me kicked in telling me that if you want something,  you just can't give up. 

Giving up is the easy way out.  It gives you the opportunity to place blame everywhere else but on yourself.  I have succeeded but it took time.  I was failing in the beginning.  Really failing but I refused to give up.  Everything takes time.  We may here that phrase, "overnight success," but that's all that is.  Success takes time.  Failure happens.  Don't give up.  If there is something you really believe in then hold tight onto that belief as you will succeed in the end!
Have a wonderful Monday everyone! ~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment