Monday, January 14, 2019

FINDING YOUR THRESHOLD

Good morning everyone.  I can't say I've worked enough this week as this week has only just begun.  When I say that I refer not to my Reiki sessions at home or at KAHLO and Guided Meditation classes but to my day job.  Always looking on the bright side I have no right to complain.  My next week off is one month away.   
There are times when it doesn't matter how many days off you've had.  You are just done as toast.  Enough is something that varies from person to person as we all have our own levels of tolerance.  Both my sons had their wisdom teeth out.  Child A was convinced he was dying while Child B insisted on taking a walk immediately afterwards.  

Today's quote is, "Find your threshold - the one that says you've had enough - enough pain, enough sorrow, enough self defeat - if your threshold is high you cannot move on - only you will know when enough is enough."

We all hold more than a threshold for pain but one for sadness and self punishment as well.  Things happen that bring us to tears and cause true sadness but when does holding onto that sadness become a punishment for us?  When is it safe to let go?  Losing a loved one is beyond painful.  It is an indescribable feeling yet if you could turn it around to remember all that was good in that life maybe some of that sadness could dissipate.

When things are not going as you would like them to you need to keep going and not be overwhelmed.  We all do things in our own time and at our own pace and only we know when we've had all that we can take.  Cry if you need to.  Let those tears fall.  Wallow in self-pity but only briefly.  

If the worst has already happened then for sure the best is yet to come! 


Have a wonderful Monday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions

Saturdays from 12-4, I am at KAHLO in Pound Ridge, NY for hour and half hour Reiki sessions
Book yours online at info@kahlocollective.com OR call 914-764-3677


1 comment:

  1. A brand new day, a brand new week . So glad you are here Amy ❤️

    ReplyDelete