Tuesday, April 23, 2019

LIFE WILL ALWAYS FIND YOU

Good morning everyone!  Happy Tuesday to you.  Did you ever feel like just running away and leaving everything behind?  I know I have.  I'm wondering if I should share this with you but here goes.  I can remember when I had two one year olds and a three year old.  I was overwhelmed and eusted having barely a moment to myself.  Yes I had a husband but while he was at his day job, there I was at mine.  Outnumbered by little people.  I was fortunate that my parents would come weekly so that I could do fun things like food shop and run other errands.






Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday  - Did you ever feel like running away and leaving everything behind?  I know I have.  I'm wondering if I should share this with you but here goes.  I can remember when I had two one year olds and a three year old.  I was overwhelmed and stressed having barely a moment to myself.  Yes I had a husband but while he was at his day job, thereI was at mine.  Outnumbered by little people.  I was fortunate that my parents would come weekly so that I could do fun things like food shop and run other errands. 
I distinctly remember one particular day driving to a bagel store 30 minutes away and thinking, "maybe I should just keep going."  Was it postpartum?  No.  It was responsibility and motherhood.  I chose that particular bagel store because it was far and gave me time to be alone yet I couldn't get the thought of leaving my life behind me out of my head.  

Today's quote is, "Wherever you dwell your life will find you."  Running away is a temporary fix.  You can run from problems through sleep, vacations, binge eating or any other number of ways but life will be there when you wake up, get off the plane and finish those donuts.  Simply said, you can run but you can't hide.  


What do you do when a problem hits you head on?  Are you one of those who tackles it right away or do you think about it for days at a time?  I'm that way with technology.  When I have computer stuff to do, I suddenly think of a million other things I could be doing but when I have accomplished those million other things, the computer stuff is still there waiting.  


A few paragraphs ago when I contemplated my Houdini impersonation, please don't think I hated my kids or my life.  I was just fried!  The good news is that stage of my life is done and gone.  My kids can now bathe, feed and dress themselves (and a lot more!).  Does technology still scare me?  If I'm being honest with you then yes although I have to say we have gotten to be much better friends.


If you need a break then take it.  Go outside, take a deep breath, treat yourself to coffee.  Whatever you need to do, go and do it.  Life will be here when you get back!


Have a great Tuesday everyone! ~Love, Amy


To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co

To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment