Thursday, April 25, 2019

TAKE NOTHING TO HEART

Good morning everyone and happy Thursday.  Today's quote is a perfect segue from yesterday when the discussion was having the freedom to not to care what others think.  Today's is sort of the same but with a twist.  Here goes, "Not poisonous words nor words of kindness should be taken personally - listen to your heart and let it decide the truth."

Have you ever said something you regretted?  Visualize me raising my hand right now because I sure have said some things I wish I never did.  What about the compliment you gave to a friend about her new couch?  She loves it but you thought it was the ugliest thing you've ever seen yet you praised her taste as magnificent and visionary!  

Mind you, your friend knows in advance that you would never let that thing in your house.  For all you Lucy fans out there, think of the episode where Lucy tells Lillian Applebee that her furniture looks like a nightmare you would have after eating too much Chinese food.  You need to know from where a compliment comes from as much as where a regrettable statement does.

When on the other end of either poison or kindness, know from where it comes and from who and please do not take it personally!  So hard, I know but if you know from who and where it comes, that alone should make it easier to understand.  You know best when you listen to both your mind and your heart but mostly from your heart.  

The heart is of course the center of love.  Listen with a loving heart and then decide if you have truly received an insult or a praise.  Your heart will always have the right answer.

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone and I do mean it! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment