Wednesday, December 21, 2016

NO ONE CAN TAKE YOUR PLACE

It's officially the middle of the week and it is also the Winter Solstice today AND the shortest day of the year!  Happy Winter everyone.  Let today be special as it does come around but once a year!  Speaking of special, let's get to today's Reiki quote of the day - "Constant comparisons are detrimental to your well being - you are you - awesome - amazing and beautiful."  Let's see, how many people are you?  Umm...that would be none!  There exists only one you.  One you who is like no other.  You are unique in your thoughts, your experiences, your life.  There is but one you.  Why is it so natural to compare ourselves to others?  Because we want what they have or rather we THINK we want what they have.  Having what someone else has means we are changing our lives into something we are not.  I always say that having what someone else has goes further than that.  It means that it's not just the "thing"  you want but their life.  The life of another and all that goes with it.  Let's say you want a bigger house and you look at someone with a bigger house.  Do you know what goes ON in that bigger house?  Is it a home?  A happy place?  Or just a bigger house?  Are you willing to trade all that YOU have for a bigger house?  Hmmm.  NOW that is something to think about.  Many years ago, (maybe not that many!) I sent my son to a pre-school in a very wealthy area.  Monetarily I could not compete with these other moms.  Notice how right away I put myself in competition!  When I took my son to play dates my mouth hung open as I approached some of these driveways.  I was actually disappointed that my living quarters did not approach the luxuriousness of some of these houses.  But within those walls I actually would feel very uncomfortable.  Something was missing.  What was it?  I would go back to my home and feel the love that emanated from the walls.  This was something I never felt in any one of those big houses.  That's all they were.  Big houses.  You never know what is going on in someone's life.  Be happy you have a beautiful home to call your own.  Big, small, it's yours.  I once knew a woman who constantly compared her child to others.  How awful for her own child!  Your children are your own and they too are wonderful and have been given gifts.  Acknowledge those gifts.  Acknowledge yourself and the uniqueness of who you are.  Acknowledge the life you have built with your husband, partner or all by yourself.  No one is you and no one will ever be you!  YOU ARE AMAZING!  Never forget that!  Have a beautiful day~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment