Monday, June 18, 2018

JOY IN ABUNDANCE

Good morning.  Back to the work week and my last one before my summer vacation.  A definite perk when working in a school.  For the next two months my time will be my own.  I will be able to take long morning walks with Mia, enjoy leisurely breakfasts, take beach excursions and offer Reiki, Distance Reiki and Meditation sessions any time of day!

I love summer and everything about it.  The heat, the sun, the smell of the air and the freedom it allows me to do all the things I enjoy.  Today's quote is "Balance and moderation for what you eat - for love, joy and happiness - never."

I couldn't agree more!  To maintain our physical health, proper diet is a must.  Eat all the good foods you like, just don't overdo it.  When it comes to love, joy and happiness you can NEVER overdo it.  Why would we ever want that in moderation?

Bringing those three things to our lives can only create more and the more love, joy and happiness we have the more we will be able to share it with others.  When you are around someone who is happy, who is clearly enjoying themselves you can feel it.  

You may not have two months off but that doesn't mean you can't find the time for simple pleasures.  I'm not talking about deep soul searching but just the slightest thing that can put a smile on your face.  A walk in the sun, an iced latte, a conversation with a good friend.

Never deny yourself what you deserve.  We all deserve love, we all deserve joy and we all deserve happiness.  Make yourself a priority and indulge in all those things.  They are not frivolities, they are the necessities of life!

Have a wonderful Monday everyone!~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment