Friday, June 15, 2018

MOVEMENT AND FLOW

Good morning.  The week's end at last.  Ready for the weekend?  I'm always ready!  Big changes in my house.  The last of my college people will be home for the summer.  Much as I complain about the messiness of their bedrooms and the dishes that never seem to leave the sink, I do enjoy having them home.

The biggest change occurred when all three left for school and were out of the house leaving myself, my husband and Mia.  It was eerily quiet in the beginning and then slowly we all got used to it.  Life is like that.  It is change.

Today's quote, "Change is movement and flow - it is what is natural - the progression of life as it should be."  Children will grow up and leave.  That's what is supposed to happen.  Sad as I was to see them go, it was the natural progression.

I was happy that they all found colleges they loved.  I could have demanded that they go someplace close to home and remain there but that's not what they wanted for themselves.

They wanted to experience life away from home.  Away from what was familiar so they could learn to be independent and grow.  Change is the biggest constant in life.  It is necessary for personal growth and is the natural order of things.

Change is not only important for children but for all of us.  When our children venture out on their own we get a chance to rediscover ourselves and all that is possible for us as we approach a new stage in our lives.

Never fear change, rather embrace it.  Be excited!  Look forward to all the wonder and possibilities that life has to offer.  Keep in mind that life will take you to magnificent places if you let it!

Have a wonderful Friday everyone and a wonderful weekend!~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment