Thursday, June 21, 2018

THE SOUNDS OF THE MORNING

Good morning.  It's Thursday today.  Already I can see I will be busy this summer.  But busy with my passion which is always a good thing.  Important always though to have moments of calm and peace.

Today's quote, "In the quiet of the morning listen to the sounds outside your mind - your to do list can wait."  OK everyone!  I'm up early and for that matter, so are a lot of you.  I know because I start getting "likes" from my quotes at 5:02.  I enjoy helping and inspiring but I'm also not on my phone every second and especially in the morning.

Every day I open the front door to literally listen to the sounds outside.  This quote was meant quite literally.  How many of us wake up and automatically begin listing and thinking of all that needs to be done not only on a specific day but the week, the month and further than that.  I can say with certainty that most of us do.

Try try try as hard as it might be to wake up and do just that.  Open your eyes, take a deep breath and think about nothing but that deep breath you just took.  It's OK to recognize the fact that you may indeed have a busy day ahead of you but don't start listing the moment your head leaves the pillow.

All that wonderful sleep you had will just go out the window.  Don't let that happen.  Instead, open that window and listen to the creatures that are welcoming their day.  I admit it's a little "Snow White," but we can learn from her because look how happy she looks.  

Tomorrow morning make me a promise.  That once you open your eyes, greet the day with a long deep breath, open your front door and say good morning to the world that awaits you.  It may be raining at this very moment but it hasn't stopped the birds from singing.  Greet the day, leave your list.  You know very well it will be there for you!

Have a great Thursday everyone!~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment