Friday, June 8, 2018

LEARNING TO FLY

Good morning.  Friday once again.  Hope everyone's week was to their liking.  Productive, relaxing, busy, a mix of it all.  I'm glad the weekend is here again as I need and look forward to a time when I can rejuvenate my body and spirit.  Maybe do something different and go somewhere new.

Do you ever find yourself in a rut doing the same things over and over again even on your own time?  We all have chores but that's not what I'm talking about.  Today's quote is, "A cocoon is there for safety and warmth but there comes a point where we all need to fly."

The predictability of knowing what comes next can be as comforting as a warm blanket but can also be boring.  Only you know when comfort turns to boredom and only you know when the time is right to try something new.

Time can feel like forever or disappear in the blink of an eye.   At the start of summer we are all so excited to make plans and do fun and interesting things but then summer is gone along with the plans we wanted to make but never did.

There is no better time than now, this very moment to think of something you would like to try.  Something that you either never did before or made excuses as to why you couldn't.  Example time!  Last year I went to Cold Spring.  A lovely town north of me. There is a company there that rents and give kayak tours.

All summer I kept saying that I was going to go.  The Hudson is beautiful and what better way to spend a gorgeous day.  Well guess what.  I never went.  No reason.  Laziness perhaps but no real reason not to go.  This summer I decided that not only will I go, but I already made a reservation.

I could be just as happy taking Mia for a long walk but I do that every day anyway.  A four hour kayak tour is definitely something out of the ordinary for me.  And you know the worst thing that could happen?  Me neither!

Wishing everyone a wonderful Friday and an even better weekend!  See you all on Monday!~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment