Thursday, June 28, 2018

WE LEARN FROM EVERYONE

Good morning on this Thursday.  A new day, a new experience.  A chance for someone to cross your path and hopefully in a good way.  When we meet people who we don't connect with that is just as important as those we do.

Today's quote, "Those who have hurt you, helped  you, loved you were in y our path to hurt you, help you, love you and ultimately teach you."  That's what I mean.  Good, bad or indifferent to who we meet, everyone is here for a reason not only for themselves but for the benefit of others.

In my own experience, I have had to work with someone I would never choose as a friend or to even talk to.  We are not in my opinion compatible in any way yet we share an interest in spirituality.


Even with that, I was still unwilling to accept this person in my life.  Why?  Because there was something that made me uncomfortable and when we would talk I also did not share in her opinions.  Was she there to teach me something?  I would say so.

Compassion, openness and a willing to listen to someone else.  That is what this person taught me.  Of course we prefer to learn from those we love, those who have helped us and those we enjoy being around but it is also those who really and truly rub us the wrong way who are here to be our teacher.

Do we need to be everyone's best friend?  Of course not.  We will always gravitate towards people who we feel comfortable with even if we can't explain why.  People are like magnets.  You are either attracted to them or repelled by them.  Whether they have been a conduit or a road block in your life, know that they serve a purpose in your life.

Remember, you are never too old to learn new lessons.

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment