Monday, June 25, 2018

LEAVE YOUR ADVICE AT HOME

Good morning Monday and good morning to you.  Well now that school is over, the biggest decision I need to make in the morning is whether to walk Mia before or after I have my coffee.  OK,OK, not more.  I promise.


A small decision to make indeed but what happens when we are faced with a real challenge?  Today's quote, "When someone is faced with a difficult decision don't say what you would do unless you are asked - what you would do may not be what someone else would do or want to hear."  A little wordy I know but you get it.

Are you a person who describes your problems to others and then gets irritated when those others tell you what to do?  Here's a secret about problems.  They are yours and only yours and unless you want advice, keep those problems to yourself.  It really is that simple.

We all do things differently and handle them as we see fit.  One of my favorite phrases that I learned from my dad is, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."  Isn't that awesome!  We may mean well when advising a friend but unless that advice is wanted, it may be met with resentment.

Some of us are natural problem solvers or think they are and are in desperate need of sharing that knowledge.  For the sake of friendship and sanity, don't share.  Please.  You know when you can share, advise and problem solve?  When you are asked and only when you are asked.  Until then, solve your own problems.

Have a great Monday everyone!~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment